As the curtain closes on another Annual Election Period, we must turn our focus from open enrollment to marketing. Most people are not thinking about insurance during the holidays, unless you are an insurance agent. As an agent you should always be thinking about how you can continue marketing year round.
Some ways to market yourself or your agency in your community:
- Organize a community charity drive (food/toys)
- Sponsor a children’s or adult local sports team (this will allow you to get your name on the shirts)
- Take part in a community holiday event, give to local charity (often they will link to your webpage)
- Sponsor a local 5K: Races often have expos before and after the race where you can set up a booth to talk to race participants
- Send birthday/holiday cards to clients
- Sponsor a family for a holiday meal
- Offer coffee chats or panel discussions when new plans are introduced by carriers to explain them to your clients and what added benefits they may offer them
- Ask clients to write reviews on your website, social media profiles, etc.
- Consider creating YouTube videos, which you post to your social media accounts
- Establish an online presence
- Work on your elevator pitch: if you met a new prospect, how would you describe yourself in 30 seconds?
Marketing in one’s local community along with the proper use of social media to introduce clients and potential clients to your services/plans is a wonderful way for people to become engaged in your company. By having a balanced online presence and involvement in your local community you can gain a stronger customer base.
Building relationships is the key to building a loyal client base. People will do business with someone they feel comfortable with and someone that is recommended by a co-worker, friend or neighbor - so make sure to ask for referrals. Local presence is essential in building these relationships. You can not just rely on a webpage, or an ad to gain market exposure. Word of mouth is still one of the best ways of advertising.
Enjoy the holidays, get to know your community, get involved, and network. You are making memories and introducing yourself to the community. As always, happy selling!